Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thought for today

"Your call has eternal consequences for others and for you. In the world to come, thousands may call your name blessed, even more than the people you serve here. They will be the ancestors and the descendants of those who chose eternal life because of something you said or did, or even what you were. . .You see, there are no small callings to represent the Lord."

The last few weeks I have had the opportunity to be working with some truly amazing people from Boise and Provo who have blessed my life. They are helping me to find and recognize the tools I need to live a successful life and I am helping them to understand how the mind, body and spirit all work together as one. We are equally amazed as we work together at how much the Lord leads our lives and at the potential we have within us.

It is an amazing thought to think that thousands of people may call us blessed because we fulfilled a calling or strengthened a friendship. That we all have that potential if we simply follow the spirit. What an honored responsibility.

2 comments:

Libug said...

I liked your thought for the day. Thanks.

kc and k said...

I also liked your thought. My dad's Uncle Bud died this week and so I've had life and the "afterlife" on my mind lately. Uncle Bud was changed after he went to war and never really recovered. It is amazing how people touch our lives and what we do does matter and effects not only the living, and how we don't even realize sometimes how amazing actions can be and who is looking after us.
Good things to think about. Sounds like a good thing you are doing with those people you're talking with--Keep sharing your inspiring thoughts :)