Monday, February 19, 2007

The Shins

Saturday night Kylee, Mike and I went to see The Shins play at the Egyptian Theater. It was the highlight of my week.

Several months ago Kylee and I were talking about music and which bands we would love to see play live. She said that The Shins were one band she would travel and sleep out to get tickets for. When I read that they were coming to Boise I was so excited, more for her than seeing The Shins. I only knew a few songs from the Garden State soundtrack but I got a ticket with Kylee and Mike and then bought the Shins third album to learn as many new songs as possible before the concert.

Listening to their album constantly I grew to love their melodic style and realized why Kylee loved their music. As soon as the lights went out and the first notes started to play I knew it was going to be a really fun night. I love concerts. I love the crowd, the music, the excitement that builds before the band come out, and that moment when everyone is united, singing along to their favorite songs. The Shins did not disappoint. We had so much fun.

3 comments:

kc and k said...

I'm glad you had fun at the Shins, but we missed you at the hockey game--it wasn't the same without you:( The team isn't as exciting without my guy, Hornby either:(

Libug said...

I

Libug said...

Opps apparently I am special and only published an I. I am glad you had fun at the shins. Now, put up some pics.