Saturday, November 22, 2008


Come, ye thankful people, come,

raise the song of harvest home;

all is safely gathered in,

ere the winter storms begin.

God our Maker doth provide

for our wants to be supplied;

come to God's own temple, come,

raise the song of harvest home.

One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving. I loved every year gathering together Aunts, Uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters....well our family.

Before each Thanksgiving meal we sing the hymn "Come ye thankful people come". Then my Grandfather would pray thanking our Heavenly Father for all that had been given to us. It testified of his love for us and of his testimony. I loved that prayer.

After eating way too much we played games, watched football and then go to a movie. I hope that these traditions will continue. That my children will sing "Come ye thankful people come", that they will look forward to the Thanksgiving movie and that Thanksgiving will become one of their favorite holidays as it has become for me.

1 comments:

kc and k said...

Should be interesting this year. I'm so glad you guys are coming.