Thursday, March 11, 2010

The sneaky chef

I have never had the best eating habits and since getting married I have noticed that Jordan and I together need to step up on eating healthier.  In particular we never eat vegetables and according to all the health experts five servings per day is what should be in our diet.

I can handle a side salad with dinner or the occasional side of peas, beans or corn but when I realized how many servings of vegetables a person is supposed to eat each day, I fall WAY short. 

So here is my solution....I am learning how to become a "sneaky chef" 


First I cook a sweet potato and carrots


Next I pureed the cooked vegetables

Solution.  A hawaiian pizza with extra hidden tomatos,sweet potatos and carrots mixed into the pizza sauce. 
I seriously had my doubts but you honestly could not tell a difference in taste.  Even Jordan who said my puree smelled like rotten feet ate most of the pizza not knowing that the "rotten feet vegetables" were part of his dinner!! 


   Next attempt is this concoction of cooked spinach and blueberries to be added to our hamburgers.  Yes hamburgers.  They say you can't tell the difference and it smelled amazing as I blended it together so I guess we will have to see.....

Thanks sneaky chef.

1 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Wow, that is pretty smart and sneaky! I like it! And sorry I missed you on facebook earlier today. I didn't end up going to hair school because we are moving in April and I found out I am pregnant again. So it just wasn't good timing for me!