Sunday, June 17, 2012

Paria Canyon

Jordan has been training all winter to hike Paria Canyon in southern Utah.

"Paria Canyon offers a challenging and enjoyable 38- mile hike for a well-prepared hiker. For ill-prepared hikers, it can become an exercise in survival. Four to five days are recommended to hike from White House Trail head to Lees Ferry."

He left on Thursday and originally planned to come home late Monday night.  To my surprise he came home on Saturday!!  He said that he was able to hike a lot faster than he expected and go out of the canyon early. I was so happy to see him home safe.  I really miss him when he is gone.

We had talked about me going with him but we both knew that I wouldn't be able to carry my own pack for that many miles.  And if I did I would have been miserable the entire time so I made the decision to stay home this trip and to join him the next time he goes when my back is a little more strengthened.     

He said it was an amazing canyon and he would love to go again but would wear a little more sunscreen the next time.  Ha Ha.  I don't blame him.  He came home with a pretty bad burn on the back of his neck, blisters on his ankles and will probably lose a few toenails.

I love being married to an adventurer.    
Here is his trip.
Documented in photos.


























0 comments: