Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Puppies and paint


Since training is over my new position at work has started and so has my new shift.  I am getting used to working later and adjusting to the new hours.  I think that the biggest change has been figuring out a food schedule.  I eat lunch at four and dinner around 8:30pm every night, which usually consists of something small if anything at all. I take a lot of snacks which seems to work better for me then a full meal.

It is a much more laid back department and I really like the people that I work with.  I have been learning so much about fraud prevention and it is rewarding knowing that I am helping people everyday to stop fraud and protect their personal information.  I think that this is going to be a great stepping stone for me.

With the extra hours at work Jordan and I have set up a routine with the pups.  I watch them in the mornings, he plays with them in the afternoons and then once I get home we let them play until we go to bed.  They are such good dogs.  We have been teaching them to sit and are still working with them on barking.  They are learning pretty quickly and seem to be happy.   

We gave them their first bath last week.  They weren't quite sure what to think about it and were all snugly afterwards.  It was pretty cute.  We have really liked having them around.  I never thought of myself as a pet person and they are a lot of work but they add so much personality and happiness to our home.  I love it!! 

The other big project we have been working on besides training the dogs is picking out paint colors to finish the hallways.  We originally picked out four colors and brought home samples to try.  None of them seemed to work right so I sat with them for a few days and then finally decided to keep looking. 

Then I found the perfect colors!! 

I am painting the back hallway leading to the bedrooms the light brown.  Then we are painting the front hallway two colors.  Brown on top and white on the bottom. We are adding a thick white chair rail along the middle of the wall.  Once paint is up I want to put up a gallery wall of photos along the top half of the hallway with white frames. 

And finally we are painting our front door the reddish/burnt orange color.

I think it will look so nice once done.

My goal is to have painting done and pictures hung up by Thanksgiving when Jordan's family comes to visit. It will take some teamwork to get it all done by then but I think we can do it. 
      
(I love having my own home!!)

1 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

I cant wait to see pictures of everything once you get it all painted! It will be gorgeous. We were able to paint our apartment and it really does add SO much!