Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Life Lessons







Last night Amber had made us a fantastic dinner of roast, potatoes, and a fruit salad. I was so excited that I did not have to cook dinner after working a long day at work. I really appreciated all her hard work.


I sat down with my dinner and started watching American Idol and became distracted. There is a reason why all the nutritionists say to never eat in front of a TV. Why?? Because I started to eat my fruit salad and thought. Hmmm. This tastes a little strange. I took another bite and thought the bananas must be a little old but I was not about to complain after all of Ambers hard work. So I take another bite. Something was defiantly not right with the salad. I spit it out and told everyone. "Do not eat the salad!! The bananas are bad!!"


Amber thought I was being weird since the bananas were fine. She took a bite of her salad and said that it might be the whipped cream she used. She leaves and comes back with bowl of whipped cream. Laughing she asked me to smell it. It was so sour I about lost my dinner!! Didn't you smell it before you used it? I asked!! Apparently not everyone does this.


The lesson to learn for this is always smell dairy before you use it. And if you watch TV while you eat, you might end up eating several bites of sour whipped cream before you notice.

2 comments:

kc and k said...

When I said that nurse eats things she hates, I didn't mean she eats rotten things!! Man, you ate like 3 bites!
Good life lesson.

jennyandisabelle said...

wow brook, that is disgusting. I would probably never eat whip cream ever again!