Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The kid who climbed Everest

This quote was in my book "The kid who climbed Everest" I loved it and thought I would share.


"It is not the critic who counts, or the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or when the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly-so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat...for those who have had to fight for it, life has truly a flavor the protected shall never know."

Roosevelt

2 comments:

Amber Irvine said...

Wow! What an inspiring quote! I am afraid that I am often one of the timid who fails to try for fear of not succeeding. I guess you do miss out on the most important part of life...the ride!

Sounds like your book is good. You are always choosing really interesting things to read. You are going to know a lot of stuff that way!

kc and k said...

Looks like I'm missing out on lots of inspiration by not reading. I'm glad your books are turning out to be good ones. Thanks for sharing!