Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Road trip to SLC

SNOW!!



My friend Brianna and I took a small road trip to Salt Lake City for the weekend. We left Thursday and because of bad roads and a lot of snow we didn't make it back to the resort until Monday night. I stayed with Brianna's family in Bountiful. They were such a fun and welcoming family. Most of our time was spent with them watching movies, guitar hero competitions and DDR. We also were able to meet for lunch with Brianna's boyfriend Tim, Josh and Candance who all worked with us this fall at the resort. I did some shopping at Gateway and bought a few new books to read while isolated from civilization at the resort. I bought an astronomy book, The Red Tent and a survival book about a 23 year old who climber mount Everest. I am excited to read all three.
It turned out to be a disappointing trip for me. I had in my mind a weekend of shopping, dating and spending time with my friends and because of the weather we were stuck indoors and my date was cancelled. I still enjoyed the time away from the resort and I am glad that we went. It has made me really excited about being able to come home to spend Christmas with my family. Funny how unexpected and sometimes disappointing moments make you so grateful for what you have.

1 comments:

Amber Irvine said...

We haven't had anything but small flurries around here so that snow looks massive and so pretty. It makes me miss the beauty of Utah.

Sorry your weekend was a bust. Guess we are headed back to Alabama! :)