Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love and birthdays

For Amber's 37th birthday her friend Holli planned an 'Eat, Pray, Love' party that was so much fun.
  
Amber and several of her closest friends and family went to dinner at a resturant called the Flat bread community oven where they make authentic Neapolitan wood fired pizza.  All the ingredients are brought in fresh each day and the pizza is made exactly the way they do it in Italy.  It was soooo yummy!  Plus to add to the fun they had a live band that played jazz during dinner.  After dinner we went to see the movie 'Eat, Pray, Love'.  We all seemed to like the movie and had so much fun together.  It was a really fun night.    

Kylee, Shane and I bought Amber an Edward stand up for her classroom at school.  A little embarrassing but it was the one thing she asked for so what can you do? 

I tried to make Amber an ice cream cake as requested but unfortunately it turned out well.... horrible.  First it took me awhile to figure out which size and shape would be easiest.  I settled on a 9x9 pan and used the rest of the cake batter to make cupcakes for those of us (me) who don't like ice cream.  Ella and I made the cake, let it cool and put it in the freezer to get cold.  The next morning I come out and there are about six frozen water bottles laying on top of the cake.  Needless to say our cake now had a mountainous theme going on.  I called my Mom asking her what to do now and she suggested cutting the cake in half and flipping the cake upside down so that a smooth edge was on top.  Ella and I did exactly what was suggested and cut the cake, filled the middle with chocolate ice cream and put it back into the freezer.  It looked so ugly.  So now that is where the cake sits.  I figure when we get around to eating it we can cover it with whipped cream and it will still taste OK.  

In the end the cake didn't matter at all.  Amber had a wonderful birthday celebrating with friends and family. 
Happy birthday Amber.  I love you!!   

1 comments:

christy said...

fun! you guys are so good to each other.
It's nice to know I am not the only one who does not care for ice cream.=)