Thursday, September 30, 2010

 While transitioning into our new life in Arizona we have been limited to one car (we pick up Jordan's truck this weekend!) which means I spend most of the day at home.  I have been working on little projects to keep myself entertained.  I am working on a baby quilt to give to Caitlin and Ryan when the right baby is sent to their family. (Surprise!) And I have been working on making our apartment feel like a home.  

Here is my latest project for Halloween 


Wreath frame $1.00
A bag of candy corn $1.00
Ribbon $.15

Total $2.15!!

The other thing we have been doing to stay entertained is Jordan and I have started going to the gym together once he gets home from work.  Jordan runs for thirty minutes while I have had to set slightly smaller goals.  I am NOT a runner.  My body was not built to run. Having asthma and scoliosis I simply avoided running.  I can only remember running a mile once in my entire life.  My goal is to run a entire 5K this Thanksgiving.  The training is hard for me but I am slowly improving.  

    

1 comments:

Mrs. Mike said...

Brook, I am totally going to copy that wreath idea! Just this morning Luke asked me why we don't have any Halloween decorations up (the answer is that we don't have any Halloween decoration, period!) and said he wanted to make a candy corn garland to hang on our front porch. I was skeptical, but that wreath is perfect!