Sunday, October 09, 2011

West Side Story

I had a horrible day at work, was tired, feeling deflated and when I came home I walked in to find flowers sitting on the table and Jordan surprised me with an incredible night.  He had won last minute tickets at work to see West Side Story that night!!

We got dressed up, went to dinner and then the show. 



The music and talent were incredible and our seats were sixteen rows from the stage!!  The only downside was that I felt like I needed to go home and watch the movie. I thought that they had added a few inappropriate parts to the play that I didn't remember.  I think they were trying to make the play more modern.  For me it took away some of the magic of the play and the poor family in front of us who had brought all their little kids had to leave in the middle of the second act.  

Overall we had a fantastic night and realized that it had been almost three years since we had been to a play!  I want to see Wicked next spring, so we are waiting for tickets to go sale and then we will be back to theater.  Unless of course Jordan wins more tickets.....   

0 comments: