Tuesday, April 23, 2013

HAWAII

 
 
 
I had been talking about how this year for my birthday I wanted to do something special to celebrate.  I finally decided that I would do a dinner party for our friends. 
 
Jordan had other plans.....
 
A few days before my birthday I was having a rough day and needed something to pick me up.  Jordan went and got the computer and opened up an email and said here is your birthday present. 
 
The email was flight confirmations for a week long trip to HAWAII!!!
 
I was having a procedure in a few days and would be on bed rest for 48 hours so that meant a lot of sitting, no showering, no lifting and then continued limited activity for the following ten days.  I was a little worried that I may not be able to go but  Jordan had already contacted my doctor to get the OK and had everything set up. 
 
To say I was excited would be an understatement. 
 
On Monday I went in for my procedure.  It went really well.  I then for the next 48 hours sat at home. Lindsey came over Monday night and brought flowers, Jordan and I dinner and movies to watch.  She is so sweet and thoughtful.
 
Wednesday morning we left for Oahu.
I had to use a wheelchair at the airport which was actually really convenient, it was easier to go through security and we got to board the plane early.
 
The flight was a six hour flight.  We flew on Hawaiian and it was really nice.  They served us breakfast and we got to watch the Life of Pi which helped the time to go bye quickly.
 
When we arrived in Oahu we took the shuttle to get our rental car.  We had booked a small compact car but when we got there they had run out of small cars so they upgraded us to a 2013 Camero for free!!  Jordan was giddy.  It is one of his dream cars so to be able to drive it for a week was really fun.  It was a really, really nice car.
 
The first night we stayed in Waikiki.  Our hotel was right on the beach. 
 
 The view of the ocean from our room.
 
 Below us was the zoo.
 Waikiki beach!!
 
 
 
 
 
For dinner we ate pizza on the beach.  Hawaiian of course.  
 After dinner we walked along the boardwalk and took pictures of the sunset.
 
 
 
I was so happy!!!

0 comments: