Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pearl Harbor

 
 
Thursday morning we got up early and went to Pearl Harbor.  Jordan had reserved tickets for us online so we got there early and walked through the museums before taking the shuttle out to the memorial.
 
 Waiting to board the boat.
 
 
 The USS Arizona
 
 
The wall honoring those who died on the USS Arizona during the attack on Pearl Harbor. 
 
 
 
 
Oil still leaks from the boat.  
 
 
 
 
 
 The memorial was very somber and I was glad to see how respectful people were while there.
 
Afterwards we walked around and looked at the other exhibits that they had.  While on bed rest I watched a documentary on Pearl Harbor and I am so glad that I did.  I understood so much more while walking around and the significance of the items they were showing.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was one of the highlights of our trip.

0 comments: