Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dinner at the ranch

During the winter months the kitchen at the ranch is closed and I have been cooking for myself. Although I like being able to prepare healthier meals, I miss eating and socializing with the other staff and having all your meals prepared is an indulgence I could get used to.

They are playing with the idea of changing the kitchen into more of a restaurant. Guests would be able to eat in the restaurant or order their meals and have them delivered to their cabins. Both really good ideas. Tonight they interviewed a chef who as part of his interview made us dinner. Here is what he prepared for us:

The first course was an oriental chicken salad, next was a steak burrito, salmon with red potatoes and asparagus (who knew I liked asparagus), shrimp scampi with pasta, an Italian spaghetti pasta, and then steak, chicken and pork. I only had a very small portion of each and it was all so good!!!

I leave in the morning for Provo to help with the career fairs at BYU and UVSC with my manager Michael. It is going to be so much fun. I am hoping that they hire me to be the manager over housekeeping this summer. If the managers from last year turn down the resorts final offer than I am one of their top picks. It will be a lot of work so I am not taking this lightly. With no living expenses it will allow me to make over ten thousand dollars this summer and that is hard to pass up. Michael said that our four hour drive to Provo will be my interview. I have a feeling that I have nothing to worry about.

After dinner tonight and talking about all the changes that are happening it made me so excited about working here through the summer. It still surprises me how I ended up working here and how much I have learned about myself in the process.

3 comments:

kc and k said...

I would LOVE for someone to make ALL my meals and clean up afterwards!
Have fun recruiting! Remember what you are looking for in a good housekeeper: good-lookin, 28-32 year old males, with a sufficient amount of money to well sustain a family, adventurous, fun, thoughtful, romantic, helpful and church-going!

BrookandDBeckham said...

I told my manager to add that to the applications. He laughed and said he would think about it.

Amber Irvine said...

Wow! That IS a lot of money for one summer! I hope you get the job. Life is so interesting. Just think if we wouldn't have done the site visit for my job then we wouldn't have gone there for family vacation and you wouldn't have decided to work there. A seemingless weekend years ago led to this! Strange the effect of simple things!