Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bread baking adventures

I was inspired by my cousin Kelsey's bread baking adventures and thought I would give it a try.  So here it is my first attempt at homemade wheat bread!!  It turned out pretty good and the house smelled sooo good all day. 


I bought a new cookbook called 'Now Eat This'  by Rocco Dispirito.  
"It transforms America's favorite comfort foods into deliciously healthy dishes-all with zero bad carbs, zero bad fats, zero sugar, and maximum flavor."   I LOVE this cookbook.  Jordan and I have been trying out the recipies and they are so good, and when they say maximum flavor they mean it.  YUM!  One thing I have noticed since using this cook book is that you are in the kitchen cooking more and we always end up with a lot more dirty dishes.  No complaints here.  I enjoy the time Jordan and I spend cooking dinner together and it has inspired me to spend more time in the kitchen and less time buying convience and probably not the most healthy of foods.     

2 comments:

kelsey said...

Your bread looks great! I still can't get the hang of it here in Austin--I blame the humidity. My loaves keep coming out doughy in the middle.

Janell said...

That bread looks delicious. Good for you for cooking more. I go through stages...