Monday, October 23, 2006

Thought for the day

I think it is good to be reminded that even the smallest actions are important and meaningful in our lives. I know that for me some of the most faith building experiences have been because of something as insignificant as a phone call. I wonder how many times the simple things we do each day are building faith in those around us. I think we do a lot more good then we ever realize.

"You are called to represent the Savior. Your voice to testify becomes the same as His voice, your hands to lift the same as His hands. His work is to bless His Father's spirit children with the opportunity to choose eternal life. So, your calling is to bless lives. That will be true even in the most ordinary tasks you are assigned and in moments when you might be doing something not apparently connected to your call. Just the way you smile or the way you offer to help someone can build their faith. And should you forget who you are, just the way you speak and the way you behave can destroy faith."

1 comments:

Amber Irvine said...

I like that thought. Sometimes I forget how even the subtle things can make a world of difference. Thanks for the reminder!