Monday, April 04, 2011

Canyoneering rendezvous

Jordan and our friend Jonathan went to a canyoneering rendezvous this weekend.  It was six days where they  meet other canyoneers, played for a few days in the canyons of Arizona and learned more about canyoneering.

They ended up only staying Friday, Saturday and came home on Sunday.  They had a lot of fun in the canyons but decided to cut the trip short and go hiking on their own.    





Jordan rappelling

Jordan


I had to work this weekend so I wasn't able to go with them.  Luckily I have great friends who invited me over to watch conference with them on Saturday afternoon and both sessions on Sunday so I wouldn't be lonely.  During the priesthood session Nicole and I went to desert book for women's night.  It was kind of fun.  I won a plaque and bought the primary songs on cd to listen to in my car.  I hardly know any of the words when we sing in sharing time and figured with children in the near future it would be a good thing to learn.

I was very glad to have Jordan home early.  Although he was only gone for two nights it was still hard to get to sleep at night and feel completely safe.  I love that Jordan is able to go hiking and canyoneering on the weekends and has a job that allows him the flexibility that I don't have to go on these trips.  We do have our big trip next month planned for havasupi falls and even added a few days to stop in San Diego on our way down. I am so excited!!  

0 comments: