Thursday, April 07, 2011

Remember this?

Remember the free dresser we got a few months ago?

Its finally sanded, ready for priming and paint.

 This project would have taken a weekend anywhere else but living in an apartment created a few challenges.

  We bought an electric hand sander but it was WAY to loud to use, so I had to go back to the basics and sanded...and sanded...and sanded this dresser by hand.  One trick that I learned (and Jordan found hilarious)was that every Wednesday morning our apartment complex mows the lawn.  So each week I would wait to hear the lawn mowers outside our window and I would run outside and sand with the electric sander for the minute or two while they were making a lot of noise to cover the sound of our sander.  It may have been a strange thing to do but it worked and I was able to get the sanding done a lot faster.  

I still need to buy new handles and figure out what color to paint it.  Maybe grey with black hardware?            

0 comments: