Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Mom came to Phoenix!!

My Mom flew in on Thursday afternoon.  I picked her up from the airport and got a little teary when I saw her coming down the terminal.  I didn't realize until I saw her how much I missed her! 

We stopped for lunch and then headed home where Jordan met us.  I showed her around our apartment complex and then we went to dinner at the local BBQ restaurant, Joe's BBQ which is in our neighborhood. 

Friday morning I had to work so my Mom slept in and relaxed until I got home at noon.  Jordan came home early and then we went to look at houses.  Last week we found a house that we loved and wanted to put an offer in on but at the last minute the offer didn't go through.  Jordan and I have decided to take a break from looking, save for a better down payment and then start looking again in a few months.   Even with taking a break we wanted to show my Mom the homes that would be new builds and the neighborhoods we are looking at buying.  It is so exciting to think that the next time my Mom comes to visit it will be in our first house!

Friday night I wasn't feeling well so my Mom and I stayed home, made dinner and watched TV.  Jordan went with our friend's Brad and Lindsey to audition for a new TV show The X-factor.  Yes, Jordan auditioned.  Yes he sang and yes I am horrified at the thought that they may put it on national television.  Brad also sang which makes sense because he is really talented and Lindsey singed Happy birthday to Simon Cowell for her audition. After auditioning they went to see the new movie 'Rio' which they loved.

Jordan won movie tickets and free popcorn through work to see the new Disney movie 'African Cats', so my Mom and I got up early on Saturday to go to the show.  I found watching the animals fascinating but the story and narration were pretty basic and I kept waiting for some dramatic event to occur, which never happened.  Over all I found the movie to be a little slow and boring.  Still it was fun.  They had booths set up with face painting, they took our picture and handed out animal print bandanna's. 

After the movie we went shopping!  We spent all afternoon just the two of us.  We walked through the mall which took us most of the afternoon and then we picked up the Boise State bowl that I painted a few days earlier as my birthday present from Jordan, which I loved. Then we met Jordan for dinner at an authentic Italian restaurant that we have been wanting to try.  After dinner we came home, watched a movie and then I went to bed early still fighting a cold. 

Sunday morning I had an appointment at the fertility clinic so we took my Mom with us.  This appointment was a quick ultrasound checking to see how the medication that I am on is working.  She found it very interesting and it was nice to be able to share my journey to become a mom with my Mom.  Everything looks fantastic and we are hoping to become pregnant very soon!! 

After my appointment we took my Mom to the airport.  It was a quick trip but I loved every moment.  I miss my family and spending all weekend with my Mom made me really miss the rest of my family! I think that Jordan and I may have to start planning for a trip to Boise soon.                

0 comments: