Wednesday, January 24, 2007

One Step closer to getting prepared for my race


I caved in and signed up for private swimming lessons. I begin my first session early Saturday morning. I am excited because after a lot of research I found an instructor who I feel is very qualified.

I have to admit I am getting nervous since I am not a great swimmer. (It is more like flailing across the pool in panic, in hopes of reaching the end of the pool as quickly as possible.)

We will see how it goes. I hope to be gliding through the water like a fish very soon.

2 comments:

Mrs. Mike said...

I hope it goes well! I'm not a swimmer, either, but it's something I've always wished I could do.

Amber Irvine said...

I could swim great if I never had to breathe! I would be a good competitor for you as I flop and flip across the water in something bordering on shear panic and then call it swimming.

Good for you! You didn't cave in you took another step towards your goals and that is VERY commendable. I am very inspired by your drive. Keep it up! I hope to be cheering you on at the end of your triatholon.