Sunday, January 28, 2007

Why cant broccoli taste like a twinkie?




Several months ago while I was training with Sam she would always tell me that becoming fit and healthy is 80% what you eat and 20% how you work out. I discovered this is true after hours of getting into the gym my body wasn't changing as it should. I knew it was simply due to what I ate. I was still showing results every week so I was happy. And to be honest I really didn't have any desire to change how I ate.

After resetting my goal this year I decided that learning how to eat correctly, especially while training was something that I need to make a priority. So I have bought a few books and restocked my house with only healthy foods.

But I have one problem. I love the way I eat. I live off of fast food, twinkies, cupcakes, brownies, and Sonic drinks that have crushed ice. Yum!! I love these foods. They are cheap, taste good and convenient.

I was talking to Amber about my love for these foods and how little I wanted to change. She made a really good point. Most things in life that are not good for us are easy, cheap, fun and things that we really do love. And changing those habits can be really difficult even if we know how damaging those habits can be.

So even though I am secretly going to wish for a twinkie with each meal I am sticking to spinach salads, fruit, vegetables and water for now.

2 comments:

Cathy Lott said...

Good for you! It is possible to get to the place where that junk food tastes really terrible to you. Well, I have heard that. Unfortunately I am not there yet either. I love healthy food and would eat better if someone else cooked for me. Bad food is easier and cheaper to make or get. Keep up the good work

jennyandisabelle said...

wow brook thats awesome! Good luck with that...i bet training and working out and everything probably has you feeling awesome! :) I think your hair looks really cute (sorry it took me so long to reply!) and thanks for the happy b-day!! :)