Saturday, October 06, 2007

How I spent my first day off

Today after listening to Saturdays session of conference the recreation guides let me join in with the guests for an ATV ride. It was so much fun. While on our ride it started snowing!!!! It is so cold here, beautiful but cold.

Tonight our plan is the hot tub under the stars, a movie and a game of chess. (One of the guys up here is teaching me to play chess. I surprisingly really like it. I cant decide if it is the game or the one on one time with someone I think is so cool. I think it might be a little bit of both.)

I am starting to see possible reasons that I am supposed to be up here. The majority of the people who work here are fun, laid back, and very valiant members. I cant remember the last time I watched all of a Saturday session of conference. I cant remember the last time I have spent so much time with genuinely good, caring and fun people. I cant remember the last time I have felt this quiet sense of peace.

4 comments:

christy said...

sounds fun. i'm glad you're having a good time and around good people. it's cold here too today.

Amber Irvine said...

I am SO glad that you are settling in! It makes me jealous thinking of all the fun things you have been doing...ATVs, shooting, hot tubing under the stars!!!

It is amazing how when you follow your heart you find yourself and your path. Yea!

We are excited to hear more about chess....or your teacher! :) Post pictures soon.

Tamio & Anna said...

Cool to hear Brook...I remember you saying when you were visiting for the night that you felt like you were ready to go somewhere...not knowing for sure where...funny how sometimes the peace comes after the choice is made.

Cathy Lott said...

I am so happy you are among good people. I was sad thinking about you being lonely and homesick. That's how I felt when I went to girls camp..did my student teaching...went to Romania. It's no fun but things always get better....or our capacity to cope gets better. I am envious because you are in such a beautiful place.