Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Walmart and Mountain Men

Last night Bama, Ethan, Tim and I decided to drive into town or St. George for a fun filled night at the closest Walmart. Yes, seriously. Walmart. Because St. George is about an hour and a half away from Ponderosa it sounded like a great idea to get away from the resort and back into the "real world" for a couple of hours. (Entertainment is obviously limited here at night) We picked up some movies, treats and office supplies.

Before moving to Utah I wondered if I would still get ready every morning, wear makeup and care about putting together a stylish outfit for my day. While at Walmart I realized I was wearing jeans covered in red rock, the t-shirt I had cleaned houses all day in and my uggs. I was horrified!! I realized at that moment that I looked like I had been camping for a week.

As I started to look around all I could see were cute college aged girls everywhere that looked put together and stylish. Then I looked at Bama, Ethan and Tim and realized that we all looked like we had been camping for a week. As we left and drove back to Zion I felt so lucky to be heading back to an awesome job with three amazingly fun guys. Feeling that I looked like a mountain man didnt seem to bother me so much after that.

2 comments:

kc and k said...

Hey nice ratio of men to women you hang out with. (3-1 isn't too bad) I'm sure you looked great because you always do, but you might have should have changed your shirt!

Kres update for you... he is walking around the house waving bye and saying bye over and over again as I type this. Then he comes over for hugs and has to point at and say very clearly "nose", "eyes" and "teeth". He has been jabbering all day long and really wants to talk. It's fun to see how fast the babies are learning things.

I'm sooo glad you are having such a good time. We miss you!

Amber Irvine said...

I bet you make a very cute "mountain man" and all those college girls were jealous of you walking around with three "manly-men!"

You did get a camera for Christmas last year! POST PICTURES! :)

Miss and love you and your stinky shirt!