Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A thrilling night at the movies

Ethan, Tyler and I decided to drive into St George last night and see a movie. They usually let us take a resort van when there is a group of us going into town. So while I went to get some money and a jacket the guys came to pick me up. I heard a screech and then crash. I ran outside to see the van crashed into the side of the building. The brakes had gone out!

We all stood there for a minute taking in the damage and realizing that ten minutes later we would have been driving in a van with no brakes down a canyon. We all knew that we were being watched out for and I knew that the prayers being said on my behalf were being heard.

We still went to see our movie in St George but I drove, very slowly and safely.

4 comments:

Amber Irvine said...

WOW! That gave me chills to think about! I will go say my prayers for you right now! Thank goodness we have the prayers of family in our behalf! I am SOOOO glad you are safe and being watched over.

Now. What movie did you see and was there any popcorn sharing hands touching accidently moments?

Dirt said...

Here is a link to my blog since it's out dated on your links

http://dirt-thurston.blogspot.com/

Tamio & Anna said...

Scary! Glad to hear you are all still safe and sound. What movie did you see? Who did you sit by?

kc and k said...

Oh Man, I've been through that canyon and its crazy! You are so blessed that it makes me feel like crying! Don't worry I'm not really crying. I havn't turned into my mother quite yet.

Yes, more details please of the movies, the company, and any gushy moments!